Saturday, August 9, 2008

About "Menardo's Corner"

Menardo's Corner had been a regular column of the Voice Publication- The Official School Publication of Notre Dame of Dadiangas University since September 2003 until School Year 2005-2006. This column of mine paved the way for me to win the hearts of many Dameans in the campus for it artistically published due criticisms and appreciations to administrators, teachers, systems, activities and student leaders in adherence to students' rights, interests and welfare. Along the way, I gained friends and encountered critics and enemies. I also lost friends and experienced a lot of contradictions. Anyhow, I learned and they learned, too.

I'm thankful for Ms. Angeli Benette Pidut for being my first Editor-in-Chief. She triggered my passion to write and I was able to bring out the best in me. I didn't follow the standards in journalism for I made my own poetic style which is so witty, humorous, stingy, deep and substantial. I recognize also my two E-I-Cs during School Years 2004-2005 and 2005-2006- Ms. Mary Ann Baido and Mr. Eric Gerard Nebran. Of course, too many Voice People inspired me like Beverly Anne Santos, Jarold Rosima, Sheryl Pedroso, Joric Jan Into, Sheryl Ocampo, Michael Angelo Collina, Charles Cadorna, Virgilio Hiponia, Daryl Panerio, Mark Tan, Patrichs Garcia, Allan Apsay, Nerlyn Grace Flora, Cliden Jane Pelias, and my special friend Ms. Zea Raiza Pidut.

I can never forget the culprit behind the concept of my column- Ms. Geraldine Galit. After I made articles, conceptualizing title had been the usual problem. But it was really Gek-Gek who suggested that my regular column should be named "Menardo's Corner". Lastly, no words can suffice how thankful I am for having advisers who enlightened me in finding not only the path of journalism and leadership, but also my humanness, heart and soul- the cool and passionate-Ms. Marites Esteva and the powerful and genius-Ms. Karen Epe.

Time passed and situations changed. I can no longer bring back the time when I write for Menardo's Corner. But I'm sure this page in honor to my previous column, will hopefully make the same music for readers; and most of all, a venue for learning and sharing things for friends, comrades and students.

This page will be molded according to my creativity and emotions. When I will feel so bored and stagnated, I will be posting blogs to keep me busy, practice my skills and share my ideas which may be brilliant, stupid, weird or entertaining. Also, this page will be the outlet for my emotions. If I will be conquered by extreme happiness, loneliness, emptiness or triumphant victory, this page will be my sanctuary, refuge, and beacon.

Call it... Menardo's Corner...

Have a blessed day ahead!

8 comments:

Reflections said...

welcome to blogosphere! i hope you enjoy your stay. hehe.

i missed menardo's corner, sobra. now i don't have to.

write everyday ha. hehe.

miss u.

don't forget to link me: http://zearaiza.blogspot.com and
http://zeareflect.blogspot.com

sa customize

Reflections said...

awww. nakalink na gali. hehe. sorry.

sina eric, te beng, ate and others din. check out my links. we got common friends there

mag comment ka rin sa kanila.

Anonymous said...

Hey sir! It's Emily here. I love your entries since they are extraordinary. :D

Hope you can do more entries

Unknown said...

So good......

Fisher of Souls said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fisher of Souls said...

Entries were posted not because of philosophical reading. It is created within the cornerstone of the writer himself. Words were solemnified in order to give emotional breakthrough for those who will read it.

zearaiza said...

ei, i'm back. hehe. and i'm well. miss you!!! write and blog more.

Samara Fae said...

Hello, just passing by; and I'm looking forward in reading more of your posts. :P

I've linked you narin on my site. Pay a visit. Damean din ako. I think I've seen you at school na rin. n___n TC..,

http://sulat-at-kamay.blogspot.com